Cranberry Feta Pinwheels are a fabulous, festive appetizer to display for guests.
Of all the pretty appetizers I have on hand for the holidays, these Cranberry Feta Pinwheels are definitely one of the easiest appetizers to make. And the big bonus is that they are delicious and popular. They get gobbled up rather quickly because everyone loves them!
- spreadable cream cheese (the tub variety)
- dried cranberries
- crumbled feta cheese
- green onions
- flour tortillas
How to make Cranberry Feta Pinwheels:
The first thing you’ll do is soften up the cream cheese to create a more spreadable texture. The cream cheese is combined with a couple of teaspoons of milk. Then you can add in the other ingredients to create the filling- dried cranberries, feta cheese and chopped green onions. The filling is spread onto four large flour tortillas.
Then the tortillas are rolled up tightly and wrapped with plastic wrap. They are placed into the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour. I recommend making them early in the day and refrigerating them all day until you’re ready to serve. The more firm they become, the easier they will be to slice.
When you’re ready to put these Cranberry Feta Pinwheels on a serving platter, unwrap the chilled, rolled-up tortillas and use a serrated knife to cut them into slices. You should be able to get 12 slices out of each tortilla.
Aren’t they so pretty? Those little flecks of red and green make them a no-brainer for the holidays. They’ll fit right in with all of your holiday tablescape decorations!
Use spinach tortillas in place of classic white flour tortillas. The green tortilla makes these even more festive-looking, and the spinach doesn’t add any weird flavors or anything. Or do some with white tortillas and some with spinach. Also, you can use chopped chives in place of green onions. If you only have a package of cream cheese (instead of the tub), use that. Just use enough milk to make it soft and spreadable.
Once you get these Cranberry Feta Pinwheels sliced and on the platter, you can wrap the platter up and put the platter in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them. Enjoy!
Here are a few more recipes using dried cranberries you might like to try:
- Cranberry Spinach Salad with Gorgonzola
- Whole Wheat Cranberry Scones
- Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Orange Cranberry Twists
- Wild Rice and Cranberry Salad
- Cranberry Bliss Bread
- Pork Chops with Creamy Apple Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry Feta Pinwheels
- One 250g tub spreadable cream cheese
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- One 6-ounce package sweetened dried cranberries, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 large regular or spinach flour tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and milk. Stir to combine until the cream cheese is loose and creamy. Stir in the cranberries, feta cheese and green onions.
- Divide and spread mixture evenly among tortillas.
- Roll each tortilla up tightly, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. These can be chilled for several hours and then cut when you're ready to serve them.
- To serve, use a serrated knife to cut each tortilla roll into 12 slices.