Easy recipes like this Crockpot Cranberry Pork Roast are nice for busy days when you just need to come home to a dinner that has already been cooked. This pork turns out tender and the sauce is delicious too!
Crockpot Cranberry Pork Roast
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
- 3 pound lean, boneless pork loin roast, trimmed of fat and cut in half crosswise
- 16 ounces canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Add roast halves, browning on all sides. Place roast halves in the insert of a slow cooker that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix cranberry sauce, brown sugar and mustard; pour over the roast in the crockpot. Cover with lid; cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce to LOW and cook 6 hours. Remove roast from crockpot, reserving cranberry mixture in crockpot. Set roast aside; keep warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water until well mixed. Scoop cranberry mixture into the large bowl and then whisk cornstarch and cranberry mixture together. Place in the microwave and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Place pork roast on platter and use two forks to shred it apart. Top with cranberry sauce and serve immediately.
- Serve with couscous- it's great with a little drizzle of the sauce.
- If you're preparing this meal as GLUTEN FREE, just make sure that the brands of cranberry sauce and mustard that are noted as being gluten free.
- Nutritional Information per serving (serving size: 3 ounces pork, 1/4 cup sauce): Calories 241, Fat 8.2g, Saturated Fat 3g, Fiber .6g, Protein 24.4g, Cholesterol 63mg, Carbohydrates 16.4g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 6, PointsPlus: 6, Old Points Program 5