This Easy Brunch Casserole is made easy using crescent rolls for the crust, and it’s filled with sausage- cheddar cheese egg custard!
If you need a super easy breakfast casserole to make for a special holiday or a weekend gathering with family or friends, this is it! You know those rolls of crescents that you can find in the refrigerator section at the market? That’s what you’ll use for this recipe to create an easy crust for the bottom of the casserole. The filling that goes on top of it is so easy to put together!
- ground pork sausage
- tube of refrigerated crescent rolls
- cheddar cheese
- large eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
Quick and easy tip:
You can buy sausage crumbles already cooked in the same area where you buy breakfast sausage at your market. Use those if you don’t want to cook your own sausage!
How to make Easy Brunch Casserole:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Make ahead tip:
If preparing this the night before, you may prepare all the way up until before baking. Cover and refrigerate, and bake in the morning.
Serve, and top with a sprinkle of chopped green onions, if you’d like. We enjoy having a dollop of sour cream on ours too. This easy brunch casserole is perfect for serving with some breakfast potatoes. Enjoy!
The Best Breakfast Casserole Recipes:
- Green Chile, Bacon and Cheese Egg Bake
- Buffet Breakfast Casserole
- Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Farmer’s Casserole
- Overnight Ham and Cheese Bake
Easy Brunch Casserole
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- One 8-ounce tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 9x13-inch pyrex pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until browned. Drain any accumulated fat, and discard.
- Pat the rolls into the prepared pan- have them go up the sides to create a rim. Seal all of the seams. Sprinkle the cooked sausage over the crust, and sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and pepper. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the sausage and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through. Slice and serve immediately.
- If preparing this the night before, you may prepare all the way up until before baking. Cover and refrigerate, and bake in the morning.