Here’s an Easy Chocolate Cake recipe for you.
I’m gonna give you a big, fat disclaimer to let you know that this recipe begins with a boxed mix. Don’t throw oranges at me, please. Some people are okay with using boxed mixes. If boxed mixes are not for you… then it’s okay to move along.
Sometimes you just need a little help in baking a super quick cake. I’m okay with that!
Admittedly, boxed mixes are not my favorite. I grew up on boxed cakes because that’s what my Mom baked. I remember loving them! But then I grew up and tried baking cakes from scratch. They’re not all that difficult to do, and they do turn out better. But I certainly grab a boxed mix now and then to put a quick cake together. I like that there’s very little thinking involved.
The best thing about boxed cake mixes is that you can add a few key ingredients to them to make them taste much better than your typical cake mix. This easy chocolate cake turns out super moist, and it’s so easy to make. Try it, and let me know what you think!
Easy Chocolate Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 1 box Devil's food chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 16 ounces sour cream
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease bundt cake pan.
- In large bowl, use an electric mixer to mix chocolate cake mix, pudding, eggs, water and oil until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to fold in sour cream and chips. Stir until the sour cream is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool thoroughly before removing from pan. To remove, invert onto serving dish and tap firmly on pan. If necessary, gently run a plastic knife around the inner circle of the pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving for a nice presentation.