Easy Skillet Lasagna is a recipe the whole family will enjoy.
There are three really great things about this recipe:
- It’s a lighter version of the classic lasagna recipe.
- It’s made in one skillet (though you do need to cook the lasagna noodles first).
- There’s nothing weird in this lasagna, so your family will absolutely love it (at least mine did!)
I’ve already made three recipes from this cookbook, and they were all big successes… so I think that makes this a must-have cookbook, right? Because I’m kind of a sucker for light/diet/low fat/Weight Watcher cookbook (basically any kind of cookbook that makes me feel like I’m losing weight), I tend to pick them up often, and I have quite a collection living on my ever-expanding cookbook shelves. This book: Eat Skinny, Be Skinny: 100 Wholesome and Delicious Recipes Under 300 Calories by Claire Gallum is one that I keep reaching for again and again.
On my list to try: Oatmeal- Rum Raisin Pancakes, BLT Stuffed Mushrooms, Stuffed Jalapeno and Cheese Soup, White Wine Slushies, Cajun Fish Tacos, and Boozy Apple Pies. There is nutritional information included for each recipe. I love that!
This recipe for Skillet Lasagna is so easy to make. I may have sneaked some extra cheese in there (yep, cheese addict here!) And since I made this about an hour before dinner, I swirled in a cup of water, popped a lid on top, and let it slow bake in the oven at 200 degrees for one hour. It was perfect. It’s the best dinner we’ve had in a long time (says my family).
Her are a few more skillet dinners you might enjoy:
- Ham and Bean Skillet Spaghetti
- Skillet Pasta Carbonara
- Skillet Pasta Carbonara
- Five Cheese Skillet Mac and Cheese
- Applewood Smoked Bacon Pork and Rice Skillet
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Skillet Baked Ziti
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Easy Skillet Lasagna
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- Two 14.5-ounce cans Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces (about) lasagna noodles, broken into thirds and cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about one minute. Add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Cook the mixture until it thickens up a bit, around 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the skillet and stir into the mixture well. Add scoops of ricotta cheese over the noodles; add in the mozzarella and Parmesan. Stir in the parsley. Cook about 2 more minutes, or until the mixture has thickened.
- Serve immediately with additional basil or parsley.