These Feta Stuffed Mushrooms are the best stuffed mushrooms recipe ever. They are such a hit at every party!
This very simple appetizer recipe is perfect for cocktail hour when you’re watching your calories. There are only 59 calories for 4 stuffed mushrooms! This recipe makes just 8 mushrooms meant to be shared between two people. You can certainly double the recipe if you want to make more.
How to make Feta Stuffed Mushrooms:
Easy recipe alert! These stuffed mushrooms are so easy to make. You’ll need 8 mushrooms. You can use any kind of mushroom, but I usually like to use the white button mushrooms for these. Stems are removed from each mushrooms, but plan to save two of the stems. You’ll wash the mushrooms and then set them aside to dry. Two mushroom stems are chopped and added to a bowl. Feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil and cayenne pepper are added to the stems. That’s what makes the filling for the mushrooms. The filling is mounded into the mushrooms, and they are baked for 15 minutes. So simple!
Weight Watchers points:
This recipe is WW friendly! Each serving of these Feta Stuffed Mushrooms (2 mushrooms) will cost you just 2 points on any color plan on the WW program. And if you were to “accidentally” eat all 8 mushrooms, it will still only cost you 2 total points. Enjoy1
Here are a few more recipes for stuffed mushrooms you might enjoy:
- Chicken and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Pesto Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
Feta Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 medium mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Lightly rinse the mushrooms and pat dry with paper towels. Pull off the stems and save two. Mince the tender portion of those two mushroom stems and place in a small bowl. Place the mushrooms, removed stem-side-up, in the prepared baking dish.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the minced stems in the bowl. Stir to mix well. Divide the mixture between the mushroom caps, using a small spoon, mounding the filling into the center of each mushroom.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling mixture is hot and sizzling. Let the mushrooms cool slightly before serving.