This is one of my favorite summer dessert recipes is this Frozen Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert. Watch the video showing you how to make this dessert, and then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so you can make it at home.
Let’s get a few things straight:
- I’m not a big fan of Cool Whip or any packaged, ready-to-eat foods.
- I don’t normally take the easy way out when putting together desserts.
- I’ve come to realize that sometimes taking the easy way out works out really, really well.
With that in mind, I’ll present to you my favorite new recipe (of the 30+ recipes that I prepared on my vacation): this Frozen Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert. It’s the perfect sort of recipe for a summer party. It makes a TON… a good 24 to 36 servings to be exact, depending on how big you make your slices. This is the perhaps the easiest, most-decadent dessert you’ll ever make.
How to Make Frozen Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert:
It’s so easy to make this recipe! Buy one of those extra-deep 13×9-inch disposable foil pans (it’s easiest, and it’s the perfect depth). Place a layer of ice cream sandwiches in the bottom. Cover them with Cool Whip. Drizzle with caramel and chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Freeze for a bit… then repeat: Another layer of ice cream sandwiches, Cool Whip, and syrups.
Top the dessert with crushed Heath or Skor bars. Freeze several hours until firm enough to slice. We slice this up and put it into plastic cups for easy serving. Put all of the cups on a large tray and pass them around to guests, who will snatch them up eagerly!
This simple, simple Frozen Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert is always a huge hit. It’s delicious, decadent and impressive enough to serve up at a party. The first time I served this recipe at a party, my guests asked about how to make it it. You should have seen the looks of amazement on their faces when I explained the process of putting it together. People love easy recipes like this!
If you are looking for more frozen dessert recipes, you might also enjoy my Frozen Lemon Cheesecake Squares or this 5-Ingredient Frozen Strawberry Royale Dessert. Buster Bars or Frozen Margarita Pie Bars are also delicious choices.
Frozen Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
- 1 deep-dish rectangular, throw-away foil pan (9x13)
- 24 store-bought frozen ice cream sandwiches
- Two 8-ounce tubs Cool Whip, defrosted
- caramel sauce
- chocolate sauce
- bag of Heath bits or toffee bits
- 4 regular-sized Heath or Skor candy bars, chopped
- Spray the foil pan with cooking spray. Place 12 ice cream sandwiches side-by-side in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread one tub of Cool Whip over the top of the ice cream sandwiches. Drizzle caramel and chocolate syrups over the top of the Cool Whip and then sprinkle with the toffee bits. Place the dessert in the freezer for about an hour.
- Place a 2nd layer of 12 ice cream sandwiches on top of the toffee bits. Spread with a 2nd tub of Cool Whip. Drizzle caramel and chocolate syrup over the Cool Whip. Sprinkle the chopped Skor/Heath bars over the top. Place the dessert in the freezer for several hours, or until firm.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer and use sharp knife to cut into squares. Drizzle more chocolate and caramel onto individual servings, if desired.
- Cover leftovers with plastic wrap, and keep in the freezer.