Frozen Cranberry Velvet Pie is a great dessert to serve during the fall and winter season.
If you’re challenged at baking pie, this frozen cranberry velvet recipe is a good one to try since there is no baking involved at all! There’s a simple no-bake crust and you just need a hand mixer to combine the filling ingredients. Then it’s stored in your freezer until you serve it. Easy!
How to make Frozen Cranberry Velvet Pie:
The crust is a mix of vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter. You can crush the cookies in a large zip baggie until they’re fine crumbs, or you can whir them in a food processor instead. Graham crackers may be substituted for the vanilla wafers, if you prefer. And if you’re really feeling like you don’t want to do any work at all on the crust, you can purchase a graham cracker crust already made at the store.
The filling is a combination of cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, sugar, vanilla and whole berry cranberry sauce. All you have to do is mix the filling ingredients together and spoon it into the pie. This pie recipe couldn’t be any easier to make!
I made seven pies to share with family at our Thanksgiving dinner this year. This one was my absolute favorite! I love that it tastes like cranberry cheesecake pie, and I love that it is kind of a no-fail recipe since there is really no way to mess up this recipe.
My recipe instructs you to take the pie out of the freezer 20 to 30 minutes before serving. I prefer to eat this pie when it’s not totally frozen, so letting it come to room temperature a bit is an easy way to soften it up. You can store it in the refrigerator if you’d like, but it will be quite soft and the slices won’t come out as nicely.
Garnish individual slices with freshly made whipped cream and a little bit of whole berry cranberry sauce to make it pretty.
How to make freshly whipped cream:
Chill your bowl and beaters. This will ensure that your whipped cream will whip up quickly and nicely. Add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to your chilled bowl. Add one tablespoon of powdered sugar. Whip with an electric mixer until the cream is thickened and holds stiff peaks when you drag the beaters through the cream.
I suggest you try this pie for your Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday celebrations. Enjoy!
Here are a few more cranberry desserts you might like to try:
- Cranberry Pie
- Apple Cranberry Crisp with Maple Whipped Cream
- Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Almond Cranberry Cake
- Maple Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Fresh Cranberry Bars
- Cranberry Butter Cookies with Lemon Glaze
- Cranberry Sauce Cake
Frozen Cranberry Velvet Pie
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- One 16-ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce
PREPARE THE CRUST:
- In a medium bowl, combine the vanilla wafer crumbs and the butter. Press onto the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Chill until firm.
PREPARE THE FILLING:
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla; whip until thickened but not stiff. Gradually add to the cream cheese, beating until smooth and creamy. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the cranberry sauce, reserving a few whole cranberries for garnish.
- Spoon the filling into the crust; freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer 20 to 30 minutes before serving. Top with additional whipped cream and reserved cranberries (if desired).
- *To crush vanilla wafers, place in a freezer zip bag and mash with a meat tenderizer (or use a food processor).