This Grilled Citrus Garlic Chicken recipe utilizes a marinade plump full of fresh ingredients.
We grill chicken every week. Sometimes we have it for dinner with cauliflower and rice or potatoes and grilled veggies. And we love having leftover chicken available to add to salads. This Grilled Citrus Garlic Chicken happens to be a flavorful grilled chicken to add to salads, so I make it often!
- orange zest and orange juice
- red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- green onion
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- chicken breasts
How to make Grilled Citrus Garlic Chicken:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Add all of the marinade ingredients to a large zip baggie. Swish it around to combine the ingredients.
Add the chicken to the bag, seal and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. (If you want to marinate it longer, hold off on adding the salt until just before grilling.)
Tip about using fresh oranges:
This recipe calls for using both orange juice and orange zest. Since you’ll need to get both of these out of your oranges, be sure to zest the oranges first. Then they’ll be ready for cutting up and squeezing the juice out of them.
The Best Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken with Mushroom Madeira Sauce
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Ritz Cracker Chicken
- Lemon Parmesan Chicken
- Slashed Chicken with Bacon Herb Butter
Grilled Citrus Garlic Chicken
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup minced green onions (white & green parts)
- ¼ cup honey
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 4 large (about 1½ pounds) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken) in large zip bag. Blend well, add the chicken, seal and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. (If you want to marinate it longer, hold off on adding the salt until just before cooking.)
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Grill the chicken, lid closed. Turn the chicken often until cooked though, about 15 to 20 minutes. Time will vary depending upon size of chicken and heat of grill. Serve hot, or refrigerate to be served cold later.