Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice is a restaurant quality side dish recipe.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make as a side dish for dinner when I’m serving chicken, pork or steak. Steamed cauliflower isn’t so exciting, but roasting it with all kinds of great flavors turns cauliflower into a totally delicious dish! The recipe originated with Emeril Lagasse, and he knew what he was doing with this one. I’ve been making oven roasted cauliflower for over 10 years now. You must try it!
How to make Oven Roasted Cauliflower:
It’s super simple to make oven roasted cauliflower. Simply put cauliflower florets in a pan. Use one large head of cauliflower, and cut it into small florets. Be sure to cut the larger florets into smaller ones. Giant florets won’t roast as well as the smaller ones. Drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil, lemon juice, sliced garlic, salt and pepper. Then roast it in the oven at a high temperature for 20 to 25 minutes.
The complete recipe is included in the recipe below. Scroll down to print out the recipe so you can make it at home.
When roasted, the cauliflower browns slightly. After it comes out of the oven, give the cauliflower a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a few chopped chives. You can serve it with additional lemon wedges too.
Roasting cauliflower in the oven gives it a slightly smoky flavor. It’s incredibly good, and it’s so different than eating steamed cauliflower. The flavor is so much better!! And in this recipe, the lemon, garlic and Parmesan all contribute to how good this cauliflower is.
Try this recipe the next time you need a vegetable side dish to go with your dinner. I think you’ll be surprised how good it is. Enjoy!
Here are a few more recipes using cauliflower that you might like to try:
- Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Rice
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Pickled Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Risotto
- Roasted Cauliflower with Tomato and Green Olives
- Cauliflower with Capers
Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (1 large cauliflower)
- 2 tablespoons (or more) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped chives, for garnish
- lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large sauté pan, roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower, and season with the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even roasting.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan. Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately while still warm.
- If you have a misto spritzer, you might wish to spritz the cauliflower with olive oil rather than drizzling.