Honey Garlic Angel Hair is a very simple pasta recipe with a touch of sweet flavor!
I love this recipe because it can be served as either a main dish or a side dish. The pasta is simple. There is no added protein. It’s just angel hair pasta lightly coated in an easy-to-make sauce and finely grated Parmesan cheese. It’s fabulous!
Ingredients needed for Honey Garlic Angel Hair:
- angel hair pasta
- dried basil and dried thyme
- Parmesan cheese
How to make the Honey Garlic Sauce:
In a large skillet, sauté minced garlic in butter. Then add in dried thyme, basil and honey. That makes up the simple sauce. So easy, right?
The honey garlic sauce is tossed with the hot pasta. Finely grated Parmesan cheese is sprinkled in too. That’s all it really needs with a little salt and pepper, to taste. The sauce on the pasta “coats” the pasta and gives it flavor. So there won’t be an actual saucy sauce for the pasta to swim in. This isn’t that kind of recipe.
A note about the Parmesan cheese:
It’s important to use finely grated Parmesan cheese. Avoid the shredded or the shaved. You want the Parmesan to coat the pasta, and the only way it’s going to do that is if it’s finely grated.
As far as the flavor, the honey gives it a tiny bit of sweet flavor. If you’re a fan of noodles with butter and Parmesan, you’ll like this Honey Garlic Angel Hair. And it might be a good recipe to try out on the kids too since there isn’t anything weird added to the pasta that they might turn their nose up at. Enjoy!
Here are a few more pasta recipes you might like to try:
- Sundried Tomato Pasta
- Chicken Pasta Primavera
- Skillet Pasta Carbonara
- Classic Spaghetti Bake with Mozzarella
- Baked Pasta
- One Pot Lemon Artichoke Pasta
- Pasta with Garden Bolognese Sauce
- Tomato Beef Pasta
Honey Garlic Angel Hair
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the garlic in butter. Stir in the honey, basil and thyme.
- Drain the pasta; add to the garlic mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan; serve immediately.