Here’s a very simple Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken recipe that is sure to become a favorite, repeat recipe all grill season long.
Grilling season has begun! We actually grill all year long because that’s easy to do in Arizona, but I think it’s warm enough now that the rest of the world is grilling too. You’ll need some good grilling recipes on hand to get you through the summer. This is my favorite grilled chicken with an easy-to-make, delicious marinade. I make it often, and I throw some veggies on the grill too!
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- extra virgin olive oil
- vegetable oil
- Dijon mustard
- whole grain mustard
- white wine vinegar
How to make Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
- Nutritional information on this recipe is not likely to be 100% accurate. It’s difficult to nail down the exact nutritional information when there is a marinade involved.
- This chicken can be baked instead of grilled – 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
- You may use chicken tenders in place of chicken breasts, if you’d like.
Baking and Air Fryer instructions:
This chicken can be baked instead of grilled at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken).
For air frying, spray the air fryer basket with non-stick spray. Then air fry the chicken for 18 to 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
What can you do with leftover chicken?
- Slice the chicken and add to salads.
- Chop up the chicken and turn it into a mayonnaise-based chicken salad for sandwiches.
- Chop up the chicken and add it to tacos, burritos or wraps.
Recipes with Honey Mustard:
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Honey Mustard Potatoes
- Honey Mustard Pale Ale Chicken
- Baked Honey Mustard Salmon
Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
- Four whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (24 to 32 ounces)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Pound out chicken breast to an even thickness- they'll grill better if they're all the same thickness.
- In a large zip baggie, combine all of the remaining ingredients. Add the chicken, and marinate for 6 to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your grill. Drain the marinade from the chicken. Grill the chicken, about 5 minutes on each side, until done. Baste occasionally with the sauce.
- Nutritional information on this recipe is not likely to be 100% accurate. It's difficult to nail down the exact nutritional information when there is a marinade involved.
- This chicken can be baked instead of grilled - 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
- You may use chicken tenders in place of chicken breasts, if you'd like.
- Leftover chicken is good served as grilled chicken salad.