Lamb Chops in Caper Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large loin lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 4 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Heat the butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chops in the butter for about 5 minutes, browning both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Whisk the flour into the pan juices and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the broth and sherry, and then add capers salt, pepper and sugar. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring continuously. Reduce the heat until the sauce is at its simmering point.
- Place the chops back into the pan. Cover with a lid and simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Serve the lamb chops drizzled with sauce.