Here’s an easy recipe for Low Fat Double Chocolate Chews– a lower fat cookie that is Weight Watchers- friendly.
Low Fat Double Chocolate Chews
This cookie recipe will satisfy any chocolate lover's cravings.
Servings: 24 cookies (1 per serving)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2½ ounces fat free cream cheese
- ⅓ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ ounces mini chocolate chips (or regular chips, chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick spray, or line with parchment paper.
- On a sheet of waxed paper or in a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa and salt.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Beat in the vanilla. Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture. With your fingers, knead in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into quarters. Divide each quarter into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place on the prepared cookie sheets. Repeat to form 24 balls.
- Using the bottom of a glass, press the balls into 2-inch rounds. (See tip below.)
- Bake cookies in two batches, for 8 minutes, or until slightly puffed and very soft to the touch. Let cool on the pans for 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool before serving.
To prevent glass from sticking when you flatten the balls of dough, coat the bottom of the glass with granulated sugar. Dip glass in water, then into a saucer of sugar. After you've flattened the first cookie, the glass will become sticky and the sugar will adhere to it.
Serving: 1cookie, Calories: 76kcal, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 48mg, Potassium: 48mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 49IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 20mg, Iron: 1mg
FYI – for anyone following the new Freestyle program, these are now 3 points each.
Thank you 🙂
I love this recipe for several reasons – it is lower in fat, it is full of chocolatey goodness and it tastes moist and rich. I love this recipe!
any chance you can tell me how many grams of cream cheese are in this? and how many grams of chocolate chips? thanks, it looks delicious!
Here is a converter that you may find helpful: http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/ounces-to-grams.htm
Anything to substitute for the cream cheese? I don’t have any, and don’t really want to buy any. 🙂 I have sour cream, skim milk…? Thanks!
@Lauren, I’ve not used anything but cream cheese so I’m afraid I can’t help w/ a sub.
These are deeeeelish! It was very soft and verrry chocolatey- my husband loved them as well. Thank you!