Here’s an easy recipe for Low Fat Double Chocolate Chews– a lower fat cookie that is Weight Watchers- friendly.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Low Fat Double Chocolate Chews
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 ounces mini- chocolate chips (or regular chips, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick spray, or line with parchment paper.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, sift together flour, cocoa and salt.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Beat in the vanilla. Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture. With your fingers, knead in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into quarters. Divide each quarter into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place on the prepared cookie sheets. Repeat to form 24 balls. Using the bottom of a glass, press the balls into 2-inch rounds.
- Bake cookies in two batches, for 8 minutes, or until slightly puffed and very soft to the touch. Let cool on the pans for 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool before serving.
- To prevent glass from sticking when you flatten the balls of dough, coat the bottom of the glass with granulated sugar. Dip glass in water, then into a saucer of sugar. After you've flattened the first cookie, the glass will become sticky and the sugar will adhere to it.
- Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving (1 cookie) Calories 76, Calories From Fat (25%) 19, Total Fat 2 g., Saturated Fat 1.41g, Cholesterol 4.05mg, Sodium 42.99mg, Potassium 54.30mg, Carbohydrates 13.50g, Dietary Fiber 0.84g, Sugar 7.27g, Net Carbohydrates 12.66g, Protein 1.40g
- Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 3 per cookie
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via Great Taste- Low Fat: Time Life Books)