Grab the strawberries for this Margarita Fruit Dip, and dip, dip, dip!
How do you make Margarita Fruit Dip?
It starts with sour cream. You can use full fat or reduced fat- it won’t make a difference in the flavor. Add in a little sugar, tequila, lime and orange zest and ground almonds. Mix in a sprinkle of cinnamon, and you’ve got a margarita fruit dip!
This is a delicious, sweetened citrus-tequila fruit dip. With a little bit of tequila in this one, it’s best not to serve this at a party with kids (or place it well out of reach of the kiddos). Leave the tequila out if you’d just like the flavors but no alcohol.
Thanks to Serene from the HouseOfYumm blog for these beautiful photos. Serene is one of the photographers for RecipeGirl.com, and she captured the deliciousness of this fruit dip perfectly!
Here are a few more dip recipes you might enjoy:
- Hot Chicken Enchilada Dip by Recipe Girl
- Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Corn Dip by Host the Toast
- Beer and Bacon Dip by Recipe Girl
- Mexican Volcano Dip by Creme de la Crumb
Margarita Fruit Dip
Grab some fresh strawberries and dunk into this Margarita Fruit Dip!
- 2 cups light or regular sour cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 3 tablespoons ground roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In medium bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk well until blended. Cover and chill several hours.
When ready to serve, garnish with small lime slices or zest. Serve with fresh fruit.
- 5 WEIGHT WATCHERS Freestyle SmartPoints per 1/4 cup serving.
- nutritional information is figured out using light sour cream.