Layered Greek Dip is one of my favorite appetizer recipes, and it’s always a very popular party food.
I’ve been making this layered Greek dip for over ten years now. It’s the dip recipe I reach for when I’m looking for something easy to make that I don’t have to cook. It also happens to be a great make-ahead appetizer recipe. Just prepare it fully, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve it.
This is a seven-layer dip… Greek style. Everyone has had the Mexican 7-layer dip, so now it’s time to give people a chance to try it with Greek flavors!
How to make Layered Greek Dip:
It all starts with cream cheese. If the cream cheese is at room temperature, then it will be easy to mix with a little lemon juice, Italian seasoning and garlic. That mixture is spread onto a serving platter. You can also use a 9-inch pie plate.
Next comes the hummus layer. This will be already prepared hummus that you buy in a tub at the store. The hummus is spread on top of the cream cheese layer. I like to use plain hummus, but you can use a flavored hummus if you’d like.
Next comes the veggies. Chopped cucumber and chopped tomato are added on top of the hummus.
Chopped Kalamata olives are added next. The pitted olives in the jar are what you’ll need. Just drain them and chop them. Finally, a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese and some chopped green onions finish it off. Refrigerate your Layered Greek Dip until it’s ready to serve. A couple of hours of chilling in the refrigerator is recommended. The chill time will give the flavors a chance to come together.
To lighten things up:
It’s perfectly okay to use reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat feta cheese for this recipe. I don’t think anyone would notice the difference. And you can have some carrot slices and cucumber slices available for dipping too. That’ll make your carb-wary friends happy.
Serve this delicious dip with pita chips or tortilla chips. It’s delicious for parties, and it’s a good one to munch on for lazy football-watching Sundays too. Enjoy!
Here are a few more dip recipes you might like to try:
- Chipotle Lime Crab Dip
- Chili Shrimp Dip
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Slow Cooker Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Beer and Bacon Dip
- White Cheese Dip
- Curry Dill Dip
Layered Greek Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups prepared hummus
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- pita chips, for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a rubber spatula to combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic until smooth and well-combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture into a 9-inch pie plate or onto an oval platter. Spread the hummus on top of the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle on cucumber, then tomato, olives, feta, and green onions.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.
- To serve this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, be sure to use a brand of hummus that is known to be GF. Use GF crackers or tortilla chips in place of the pita chips.