This is one of my favorite appetizer recipes, and it’s always very popular at a party: Layered Greek Dip
Layered Greek Dip
Prep Time:20 minutes + time for refrigeration
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (low fat is fine)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups prepared hummus
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (reduced fat is fine)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- pita chips and/or multigrain tortilla chips
- In medium mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic with rubber spatula until smooth and well-combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into deep 9-inch pie plate or oval platter. Spread hummus on top of cream cheese layer. Sprinkle on cucumber, then tomato, olives, feta, and green onions.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.