This Minestrone Soup recipe is even better the next day.
This recipe is made super easy with a mixture of some fresh cut vegetables and canned beans. It couldn’t be any easier to make! The full printable recipe is at the end of this post.
How to make Minestrone Soup:
In your favorite Dutch oven, heat oil and then sauté onion, carrot, celery and green beans. Then add in water, chopped zucchini, frozen spinach and bouillon. Use beef bouillon or vegetable bouillon.
There are several cans that get added in next: chopped tomatoes, pinto beans, wax beans, garbanzo beans, black eyed peas and red kidney beans. None of those canned items need to be rinsed. Just dump them in- liquid and all. That’s what makes this such an easy minestrone soup recipe! Simmer the beans for 40 minutes.
Add potatoes, and simmer for an additional 40 minutes. Added potato makes this soup hearty and filling.
This soup makes enough for a crowd, so be prepared for that. It’s also a great soup recipe to make on the weekend and eat all week long for lunch.
Plenty of vegetables in this soup gives it a healthy vibe. It’s warm and comforting for sure.
Ladle individual servings into bowls and top with a little Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Here are a few more soup recipes you might like to try:
- Mexican Meatball and Salsa Soup
- Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
- Easy French Onion Soup
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 ounces green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups water
- One 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- One 15-ounce can chopped tomatoes, with liquid
- One 15-ounce can pinto beans, with liquid
- One 15-ounce can wax beans, with liquid
- One 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, with liquid
- One 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, with liquid
- One 15-ounce can red kidney beans, with liquid
- 4 cubes vegetable or beef bouillon
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil and sauté onion, carrots, celery, and green beans. Do not brown. Add the rest of the ingredients, reserving the potatoes and the cheese. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for about 40 minutes. Add the potatoes and continue cooking until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes longer.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as needed. Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan.