Nutella Swirled Banana Bread is a delicious banana bread recipe with perfect swirls of Nutella baked inside.
This is a banana bread recipe that I’ve been baking for a few years. My family loves banana bread like there’s no tomorrow, but they especially love it when I add chocolate to it. This recipe combines banana bread and chocolate, which is a very good idea. It’s a popular banana bread recipe here on RecipeGirl!
How to make Nutella Swirled Banana Bread:
For this recipe, you’ll be making a pretty classic banana bread batter. Then you’ll put 3/4 cup of Nutella in a bowl and soften it in the microwave for a few seconds. 1 cup of the banana bread batter is then added to the Nutella and stirred together to combine.
The banana bread batter and nutella banana bread batter are then alternately layered into your loaf pan.
You’ll use a knife to swirl the two batters together. The banana bread bakes for about an hour.
And that’s it! You can let the loaf cool, and then turn it out onto a rack to cool completely. Slice it and sample. You’ll love it!
What is Nutella, and where can I find it?
Nutella is a brand of chocolate hazelnut spread. It has been around since 1964, so it’s the most well-known brand. These days, you may be able to locate other brands of chocolate hazelnut spread, so you are welcome to use any brand you’d like. You will be able to find Nutella near the peanut butter and other nut spreads in your local grocery store.
You will have leftover Nutella, so use it for other desserts, spread it onto graham crackers or make Nutella Pancakes! Or eat it by the spoonful. It’s delicious!
The best way to store banana bread:
Keep banana bread wrapped well in plastic wrap or foil. Or store it in an airtight container to keep it from drying out or going bad. Storing it in the refrigerator will help extend the life and freshness of your Nutella Swirled Banana Bread by a few days.
The best way to freeze banana bread:
If you’d like to bake and then freeze your banana bread, wrap it well. I like to wrap it in plastic wrap and then wrap it in foil and then place it into a freezer zip baggie! Then it’s extra-sealed. Banana bread can be frozen for up to three months.
And there’s a close-up of that lovely Nutella swirl. The chocolate is not overwhelming. It’s just a hint. You can taste the banana bread, and get a little of the chocolate flavor too. It’s a good combination of flavors. Enjoy!
Here are a few more banana bread recipes you might like to try:
- Best Banana Bread
- Coconut Banana Bread
- Kona Inn Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Raspberry Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
- Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
- Cream Cheese Filled Banana Bread
Nutella Swirled Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups mashed ripe banana
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda & salt.
- In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the sugar and butter at medium speed until well blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the banana, yogurt and vanilla; beat until blended. Add the flour mixture; beat at low speed just until the flour is incorporated (don’t over mix).
- Spoon the Nutella into a medium bowl and soften in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Add 1 cup of the banana bread batter to the Nutella and stir until blended well. Spoon the Nutella batter alternately with the plain banana bread batter into the prepared pan. Swirl the batters together gently with a knife.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Check the oven at 45 minutes to check the top of the bread for browning. If it’s browning too quickly, cover lightly with foil for the remainder of the baking. Cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.