I love these beautiful Peach and Brown Sugar Muffins!
Use fresh and juicy ripe peaches in the summertime to make these! But if you must… you can also use thawed frozen peaches. You’ll still get a wonderful muffin out of it.
In fact, if you do make these off-season, they might just brighten up a chilly day. They’re perfect for breakfast served warm with a little bit of butter.
Peach and Brown Sugar Muffins
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped fresh, frozen or canned peaches
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray 20 muffin cups with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and allspice. Make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream, oil and eggs; stir in the peaches. Pour the peach mixture into the well. Stir just until moist (don't over-mix). Batter should be lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups- filling 2/3 full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.