A fantastic salad recipe: Pear, Walnut and Blue Cheese Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Pear, Walnut and Blue Cheese Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Prep Time:20 minutes
- 1/2 cup canned whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced and peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups mixed greens)
- 2 cups sliced peeled pear or apple (about 2)
- 1/3 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese or gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Prepare the vinaigrette: place the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Prepare the salad: Place greens in a large bowl. Add pear/apple, cheese and walnuts. Spoon desired amount of dressing over the top and toss.
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, be sure to use a brand of cranberry sauce that is known to be GF, and substitute feta cheese for blue cheese.
- Prepare the vinaigrette up to one week ahead. Keep covered and refrigerated.