Delicious, lighter choice for a salad: Autumn Apple and Spinach Salad
This light and fresh salad includes the crunch of apples (sub pears if you’d like) and the tangy flavor of crumbled blue cheese. It’s the perfect fall-themed salad recipe.
Autumn Apple and Spinach Salad
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup thinly, vertically sliced red onion
- 8 cups bagged (about 8 ounces) pre-washed baby spinach
- 1 large firm, sweet-tart apple, cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (about 1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, spinach and apple. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle salad with the blue cheese.
- Good sweet, tart apple varieties include Goldrush, Newtown, Pippin, Honeycrisp, Pink Lady, Golden Russet and Roxbury Russet.