This Pipeable Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe is perfect for piping beautiful swirls onto cakes and cupcakes…
Pipeable Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep Time:10 minutes
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature-- or just a little bit chilled
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a medium bowl, use electric mixer to combine cream cheese and butter; beat just until creamy. IF YOU BEAT THE CREAM CHEESE TOO LONG, THE MIXTURE WILL BE TOO SOFT FOR PIPING.
- Mix in the vanilla, then gradually add the powdered sugar- 1/2 cup at a time. Mix until the frosting ingredients are completely combined- do not over-mix. Check the consistency at this point. If it seems too soft, go ahead and add a little more sifted powdered sugar. If it seems too thick, mix in a teaspoon or so of milk. Use the frosting to frost your cake or cupcakes immediately- either by spreading or filling a piping bag, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to use (should be used to frost the same day).
- I can't stress enough... if you over-mix, the frosting will be too soft for piping. Adding more powdered sugar will just make it softer.