Processed in your ice cream maker, this Pomegranate Blood Orange Sorbet recipe is both tart and sweet!
Pomegranate Blood Orange Sorbet
Prep Time:15 minutes + chill and processing time
Cook Time:5 minutes
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine water and brown sugar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil vigorously for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and combine with pomegranate juice, blood orange juice, lemon juice and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Process in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. It should take about 20 to 25 minutes to freeze up and get nice and slushy. Scoop into freezer-safe container; freeze at least 3 hours or up to several days.
- When ready to serve, you'll likely need to take your sorbet out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes until it's soft enough to scoop.