Potato Soup with Bacon is a great soup to make for a crowd- for a holiday gathering or get-together with family or friends.
This is a lightly creamy, wonderful soup. Kids will love it too. And it’s the perfect sort of soup to make on the weekend so you can enjoy it for a few days as leftovers.
- onion, potato and carrot
- evaporated milk
- fresh parsley
- Worcestershire sauce
- ground mustard, ground nutmeg, salt and cayenne pepper
How to make Potato Soup with Bacon:
The full, printable, complete recipe is at the end of this post.
In a large skillet, cook the bacon and onion together. Then spoon out the grease and discard.
In a large pot, cook the potatoes and carrots in water (or chicken broth) until tender (don’t drain). Stir in all of the remaining ingredients as well as the cooked bacon and onion. Heat through. Ladle individual servings of your potato soup with bacon. Enjoy!
Here are a few more soup recipes you might like to try:
- Taco Soup
- Zucchini and Rosemary Soup
- Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup
- Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup
- Wild Rice Soup
Potato Soup with Bacon
- ¾ pound sliced bacon diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 to 10 medium medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 5 cups water (can sub chicken or vegetable broth)
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon and onion; drain and set aside.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the potatoes and carrot in water for 20 minutes or until tender (do not drain).
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and the bacon mixture. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- If making this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use brands of bacon and Worcestershire sauce that are known to be GF.