Zucchini and Rosemary Soup is a delightful recipe highlighting fresh zucchini.
This is the kind of soup that is the perfect starter for a dinner. Just serve small cups of zucchini and rosemary soup to either start your dinner or to serve alongside the rest of your dinner. It’s delicious!
Here are a few more soup recipes you might like to try:
- Italian Sausage Vegetable Soup
- Bean and Chorizo Soup
- Creamy Bean Soup with Sausage
- Classic Chicken Soup
- Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Zucchini and Rosemary Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 cups low-sodium, fat free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ½-inch cubes
- chopped green onions for topping, optional
- Heat the butter with the oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Mix in the garlic and rosemary. Add the broth and potato; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add the sliced zucchini; simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree in the blender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the cubed zucchini in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 30 seconds. Drain. Re-warm the soup over medium heat. Ladle into bowls. Top with the cubed zucchini and sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
- If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just make sure that you use a brand of broth that is designated as GF.