A delightful recipe highlighting fresh summer zucchini: Zucchini and Rosemary Soup
Zucchini and Rosemary Soup
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 cups low-sodium, fat free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled & sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- green onions for topping, optional
- Heat the butter with the oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Mix in the garlic and rosemary. Add the broth and potato; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add the sliced zucchini; simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Working in batches, puree in blender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the cubed zucchini in saucepan of boiling salted water for 30 seconds. Drain. Rewarm soup over medium heat. Ladle into bowls. Top with the cubed zucchini. Sprinkle with green onions.
- If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just make sure that you use a brand of broth that is designated as GF.
- Nutritional Information per serving: (Serving size: 1/8th of the soup) Calories 89, Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 2g, Sugar 2.5g, Fiber 2g, Protein 2.5g, Cholesterol 8mg, Carbohydrates 10g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 3, PointsPlus: 2, Old Points Program: 2.5