Rocky Road No Bake Cookies are made with just five ingredients. They have the typical, classic rocky road flavors of chocolate, marshmallow and almond.
Rocky road ice cream happens to be one of my favorites. I love the creamy chocolate ice cream with squishy marshmallows and crunchy almonds swirled in. And rocky road fudge is pretty amazing too. I once even baked a rocky road pie! So I think it’s safe to say that these rocky road no bake cookies are a favorite too.
- Rice Krispies
- chocolate chips
- sliced, toasted almonds
- mini marshmallows
How to toast almonds:
Place the sliced almonds in a dry skillet. There is no need to add any nonstick spray or oil. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Do not leave the stove because the almonds can burn very easily.
How to make Rocky Road No Bake Cookies:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
- Place the cereal in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and Nutella together over low heat. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal in the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the toasted almonds and marshmallows too.
The mixture looks like a hot mess. But these are going to be some delicious rocky road no bake cookies!
Drop by the tablespoonful onto waxed paper. I like to add another marshmallow or two on top to make them look prettier. Chill until set.
You will enjoy these “3-bite” cookies. They’re simple to make, and they are delicious to eat too. Enjoy!
Can this recipe be made gluten free?
Yes! Just make sure all of your ingredients are gluten-free. It’s easy to get gluten free Rice Krispies. Kelloggs brand is not gluten free. Look for Malto O Meal (Walmart) and Nature’s Path Organic (Target) for gluten free rice krispies. Use chocolate chips that are gluten free. Nutella actually happens to be naturally gluten free. Almonds are not a problem. Kraft marshmallows are gluten free.
How do you store no bake cookies?
Store rocky road no bake cookies at room temperature in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Alternately, you can store them in the refrigerator (my preference). As with any chocolatey dessert, the longer they sit at room temperature or in warmer weather, the more gooey they will become.
Favorite cookie recipes:
Rocky Road No Bake Cookies
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Nutella
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sliced almonds, sprinkle lightly with salt and toasted (see Recipes Notes below)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan set over low heat (or in a small bowl in the microwave), melt the chocolate chips and Nutella together until all is melted and smooth. Pour the melted mixture over the cereal and let cool slightly. Stir in the almonds and marshmallows. Drop by the Tablespoonful onto waxed paper or lightly greased parchment paper and chill until set.
- *If you are wishing to prepare this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, you absolutely can. Just be sure to use gluten free rice cereal, GF chocolate chips and GF marshmallows.
We have a shortage of Rice Krispies in our area. Has anyone else made this with another cereal?
Not that I know of…
These look amazing. I’m thinking of making these for a party – do you store them in the fridge or at room temperature once they’ve set?
@outoftheoven, Either… bring them to room temp for serving. Wouldn’t make them more than a day ahead though.
I made these a few days ago and they are AMAZING! I have gotten so many complements on these cookies. They are the perfect and so chocolaty. I love how the nutella provides a great nutty taste to the chocolate. I could eat these for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner….. and I did, yesterday 🙂 Thanks for the great cookie recipe!!
I’m not a fan of rice krispies, but Chex cereal might be good too… Great recipe!