This Rosemary and Garlic Leg of Lamb Roast is an amazing, tender cut of meat slow roasted to perfection.
I do believe that lamb is one of those kinds of meat that you either like or you don’t. I grew up eating roasted lamb at my grandparent’s ranch. So I happen to love the flavor, and I love a good lamb recipe. If you’ve never tried making it, this is an easy recipe to start with. It calls for very few ingredients, and it’s pretty simple. Just watch it closely using your meat thermometer, and it should turn out just perfect!
- boneless leg of lamb
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- garlic cloves
- fresh rosemary
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make Rosemary and Garlic Leg of Lamb Roast:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Slice and serve!
Note about Leg of Lamb:
The weight of a leg of lamb can vary from 4 to 6 pounds (typically). Cooking time will vary depending on size, as will the number of servings.
Lamb is wonderful to serve with mashed potatoes or Greek Lemon Potatoes and your favorite veggie. It’s a good recipe for an Easter dinner (or another holiday), and it’s a nice meal to make for guests too. Enjoy!
The Best Lamb Recipes:
- Lamb Chops in Caper Sauce
- Basque Lamb Stew
- Grilled Lamb Burgers with Feta
- Slow Cooker Lamb Stroganoff
- Lemon- Garlic Lamb Kebabs
Rosemary and Garlic Leg of Lamb Roast
- 5 pound boneless leg of lamb
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Using your hands, rub the lamb all over with lemon juice. Pat the garlic and rosemary evenly all over the surface of the meat. Season the meat with salt and pepper and place the lamb in a roasting pan.
- Roast the lamb for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F. and continue to roast (general rule is 30 minutes per pound) 2 to 2½ hours, or until meat thermometer inserted into center of the roast registers 145 to 150°F.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and allow to rest for about 15 minutes before carving (the temperature will continue to rise about 5 or 6 more degrees).
- The weight of a leg of lamb can vary from 4 to 6 pounds (typically). Cooking time will vary depending on size, as will the number of servings.