This Salsa Roasted Salmon recipe is easy to make, and it’s low in calories too!
If you’re looking for a healthy recipe to make for dinner, this is it! Salsa roasted salmon is simply salmon filets topped with a fresh, homemade salsa and baked until the salmon is pull-apart perfect. This recipe serves two people, but you can certainly double or triple the recipe to serve more. It’s delicious!
- cider vinegar
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- hot sauce
How to make Salsa Roasted Salmon:
The first thing you’ll do in this recipe is make the homemade salsa. Everything in the recipe (except the salmon) is placed into a food processor with a little salt and pepper. You’ll just give it a few pulses and then it’s done.
Can you use already-made salsa for this recipe?
Yes! If you can find a good, chunky salsa then you can use that in place of doing a homemade salsa. I think anything homemade is better than store-bought, but I understand the need for doing super quick and easy sometimes.
If you do buy pre-made salsa at the store, it’s important that you buy one that is thick and chunky. A “fresh” type salsa will probably work better than jarred salsa. And I would drain the salsa before using it to top the salmon.
Salmon filets are placed on a baking sheet and topped with the freshly made salsa.
The salmon will be cooked through and perfect in just 12 to 15 minutes.
Is this recipe Weight Watchers friendly?
Absolutely! Salsa roasted salmon is the perfect recipe to make for dinner if you’re following the WW plan. You can count zero points if you’re following the blue or purple plan, and it’s 6 points if you’re following the green plan.
So if you’re in need of a healthy dinner idea that’s super quick and easy to prepare, try this salsa roasted salmon. Pair it with some veggies or a nice side salad, and you’re got yourself a complete meal. Enjoy!
Here are a few more salmon recipes you might enjoy:
- Barbecued Salmon
- Honey Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil
- Broiled Honey-Lime Glazed Salmon
- Asian Salmon Steaks
- Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust
- Salmon with Brown Butter, Almonds and Capers
- Baked Salmon with Creamy Coconut Ginger Sauce
- Lemon- Oregano Salmon with Roasted Tomatoes
Salsa Roasted Salmon
- 1 medium plum tomato
- 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 dashes Tabasco sauce (or another hot sauce)
- Two 4-ounce salmon filets
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the tomato, onion, garlic, jalapeño, vinegar, chili powder, cumin, salt and hot sauce; process until finely chopped and uniform.
- Place the salmon in the prepared pan; spoon the salsa on top. Roast until the salmon is just cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.