A simple side dish recipe: Scalloped Garlic Potatoes
Scalloped Garlic Potatoes
- 5 medium Russet potatoes
- salt, to taste
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1½ cups milk
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- chopped parsley, for garnish, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter an 8x8x2 inch baking dish. (Photo above shows the recipe doubled in a larger 9x13 pan.)
- Peel and slice the potatoes (about ¼-inch thick). Place one layer of potatoes in the baking dish; lightly season with salt and sprinkle with some garlic. Repeat layering with remaining potatoes and garlic. Pour milk evenly over the potatoes. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover, drizzle the cream over the potatoes, then return to the oven and bake uncovered for 45 minutes longer.
- Serve hot; or if not serving right away, cool potatoes, cover snugly with foil and freeze until needed. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Leftovers are good with breakfast as a side to eggs!
- You can easily double the recipe if you're serving more people. Use a large 9x13 inch pan instead.
Here are a few more scalloped potato recipes you might enjoy:
- Loaded Scalloped Potatoes by Melanie Makes
- Pumpkin Scalloped Potatoes by RecipeGirl
- Parmesan Scalloped Potato Stacks by In Sock Monkey Slippers
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Gruyere by Rachel Cooks