Use nice, ripe tomatoes for this Shallot Mustard Tomato Salad:
Fresh tomatoes are topped with a simple, tangy vinaigrette and capers.
Shallot Mustard Tomato Salad
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes or 5 vine-ripened (cut into wedges)
- coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard, shallot and capers.
- Core tomatoes and cut them into wedges. Place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes. Serve chilled.