This Shrimp and Vegetable Salad is a salad full of fresh vegetables, tossed with a simple Dijon vinaigrette and topped with shrimp.
If you’re looking for a nice, crunchy salad that is absolutely smack full of vegetables… then this salad is for you. Green beans, celery, tomato, green onion, chives, basil, bell pepper and cucumber are all in this salad!
Shrimp and black olives are added in along with the vinaigrette. Its’ simple and delicious!
Shrimp and Vegetable Salad
- 2 pounds medium cooked shrimp
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound cooked green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch celery, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium hothouse cucumber, peeled, quartered, and sliced
- 1/2 pint pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1 bunch chives, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Place shrimp in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Combine lemon juice, salt, pepper and mustard in a medium-mixing bowl and whisk to mix. Whisk in oil in a slow stream so that the dressing does not separate.
- Immediately pour half of the dressing on the shrimp. Fold the shrimp and dressing together with a rubber spatula to make sure they are evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and fold in the remaining dressing with a large rubber spatula. Cover and refrigerate.
- About half an hour before serving, add the shrimp to the vegetable salad and fold together with a rubber spatula. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, pepper or lemon juice as needed. Serve immediately.
- *If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just make sure you're using a brand of Dijon that is designated as GF.