This Simple Greek Salad with Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette is easy to put together, and it’s a website favorite!
Greek salads are often favorites because of their simplicity. This Simple Greek Salad is indeed that. It’s comprised of romaine lettuce leaves, cucumber, tomato and feta cheese. Lemon zest and fresh dill are tossed with the salad to give it a delicious, fresh flavor.
The vinaigrette is comprised of garlic, lemon and oregano flavors. Everything is fresh and simple!
If you’re looking for a light salad to serve with your dinner, try this Simple Greek Salad. I prefer to serve it with grilled chicken or steak for a light summer meal. And, if you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
If you’re looking for more Greek-inspired recipes, you might also enjoy my Greek Spinach Pie and this Greek Tzatziki. Pastitsio, Greek Panzanella Salad, and this Skinny Greek Layer Dip are delicious choices too!
Simple Greek Salad with Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette
- ½ small garlic clove, peeled and minced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce leaves (or a 10-ounce bag)
- ½ medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into half-moons
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE:
- Sprinkle minced garlic with salt; crush with the flat side of a large knife to make a paste. Scrape into a leak-proof 1-cup jar. Add remaining ingredients, seal tightly, and shake to blend.
PREPARE THE SALAD:
- Place the lettuce in a large salad bowl. Top with cucumber, tomatoes, dill and lemon zest. Just before serving, drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss lightly. Sprinkle with feta and freshly ground pepper and serve at once.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, be sure to use water in the vinaigrette (or GF broth).
- Use any leftover dressing on grilled fish or chicken.