Slow Cooker Carnitas Burritos are stuffed with brown rice and guacamole- plus a few more additional fixings that everyone loves. These burritos are a big-time family favorite dinner recipe.
This recipe is totally hassle-free. Your slow cooker will do the bulk of the work. That’s the beauty of a slow cooker- just let it cook all day, and dinner will be just about ready when your family is hungry and ready for dinner! These burritos are great to make for dinner any night of the week.
The recipe begins with Pork Seasoned Carnitas. Look for already marinated raw pork carnitas in your market- they should have them!
How do you make Slow Cooker Carnitas Burritos?
I’m so happy to share with you that this recipe is so super easy that your kids can even get it started without you! Simply place the seasoned pork pieces in a slow cooker, add 1 cup of water, and set the slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours. That’s it. That’s all the “cooking” you have to do besides getting some brown rice ready.
Once the pork is done cooking, remove it to a cutting board and shred it apart. It will be tender as can be, and you will enjoy sampling it to discover how delicious it is!
Get all of your other desired ingredients ready. I like to set this up as an assembly line so everyone in my family can stuff their own burritos according to the things they like best. For the guacamole, you can save time buying store-bought guacamole… or you can make your own at home. For the brown rice, I like to buy the quick-cooking “boil in a bag” brown rice for a quick and easy option.
Pile your desired fixings onto a warmed burrito-sized flour tortilla, then wrap it up into a burrito!
I suggest serving with a lime wedge or two. It’s nice to give it a little squeeze onto your burrito before you take a bite. Enjoy!
More Burrito Recipes:
Slow Cooker Carnitas Guacamole and Rice Burritos
- 32 ounces seasoned raw pork carnitas
- 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup guacamole
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium lime, sliced
- Place the carnitas in a slow cooker. Add 1 cup of water, and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- When the carnitas are finished cooking, remove the meat to a cutting board and shred it apart.
- To assemble the burritos: Warm the tortillas in the oven and place on a large cutting board. Divide the filling ingredients between the tortillas, then wrap the tortillas into burritos. Serve immediately with lime wedges.