Slow Cooker Sriracha Cranberry Baby Back Ribs are some pretty major comfort food!
My family and I experienced an 8-week driving trip around the USA a few years back, and we drove endlessly across Texas until we were satisfied that we had found a proper place to eat BBQ ribs. Have you ever driven across Texas?? Yeah, it’s quite big. It goes on forever. But those ribs were worth the drive. My son Brooks (now an adult) goes absolutely nuts for ribs. He actually lives in Texas now, so he’s lucky to have access to those wonderful Texas BBQ ribs all over the place! When he still lived at home, I created this recipe for slow cooker sriracha cranberry baby back ribs, and he loved those too.
Have you seen Sriracha ketchup? That’s the one ingredient you need for this recipe that you might not be familiar with! Heinz makes it, and so does Huy Fong Foods. You should be able to find it easy enough (check Walmart for sure). If you can’t find it, I did find a recipe for it >> Homemade Sriracha Ketchup.
How to make Slow Cooker Sriracha Cranberry Baby Back Ribs:
Set the ribs into the slow cooker. Cook on high heat for 3½ hours.
Once they are done slow cooking, they’ll be just tender enough to pull off the bone easily enough (but they won’t fall off the bone, which can be pesky). The ribs are brushed with additional Sriracha- Cranberry sauce and placed until the broiler until bubbly and hot.
At this point, they are ready to eat immediately. And you should do so!
My family does love this different kind of take on ribs. The Sriracha ketchup has just enough spice to make it interesting (but not so much that it scares the kids away), and the addition of cranberry sauce makes them a little bit sweet too. Enjoy!
The Best Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Crockpot Cranberry Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Paella
- Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Crockpot Apple Butter
- Slow Cooker Beef Burgundy
Slow Cooker Sriracha Cranberry Baby Back Ribs
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1½ tablespoons smoked paprika
- One 14 ounce bottle Sriracha ketchup
- One 12-ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
- 4 pounds baby back ribs
- 1 cup water
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Heinz® Tomato Ketchup Blended with Sriracha Flavor and cranberry sauce until smooth. Remove 1 cup of the sauce and set it aside.
- Remove the ribs from the package and pat dry, and set them meaty side up on a cutting board. Cut the ribs into 3 to 4 rib sections. Sprinkle the dry spice mixture onto the meaty side of the ribs and press to adhere to the meat.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Spread the sauce generously onto both sides of the ribs. Set the ribs into the slow cooker. Cook on high heat for 3½ hours.
- Remove the ribs to a baking sheet (meaty side up). Preheat your oven broiler. Brush the remaining 1 cup of sauce onto the meaty side of the ribs. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling. Serve immediately.
- Sriracha ketchup is made by Heinz (found in the condiment aisle) and Huy Fong Foods (Asian products).