Here is a simple recipe for homemade Classic Macaroni and Cheese.
This recipe is a big time family favorite dinner recipe. Everyone loves macaroni and cheese, and this version is creamy and wonderful and perfect.
I could eat classic macaroni and cheese every day. Seriously, I could. I wouldn’t live long to tell about it since my body would be overloaded with copious amounts of cheese… but at least I’d die happy!
Ingredients needed for Classic Macaroni and Cheese:
- elbow macaroni
- cheddar cheese
- heavy whipping cream
- Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
This dish has cooked pasta tossed with a creamy and decadent cheese sauce. Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and enjoy some comfort food for dinner- guilt free.
A small portion of rich and decadent, cheesy, creamy, classic macaroni and cheese is much deserved. Serve it with a side salad, and you’re good to go.
Try using a different kind of pasta- such as rotini or shells. If you want to change up the cheese, try using Havarti or Monterey Jack in place of sharp cheddar. Or use a combination of the two!
This recipe is a family favorite at my house. It’s super easy to make as a quick, weeknight dinner. The kids will love it too! Enjoy!
Here are a few more kid friendly recipes you might enjoy:
- French Bread Pizza
- Mom’s Tacos
- Pickle Brined Chicken Tenders
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- Root Beer Pulled Pork
- Lasagna Roll Ups
- Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
Classic Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Cook the pasta using the package directions. Drain and put the pasta in a large bowl.
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt the butter in separate medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk the flour into the butter and cook for 3 minutes or until smooth and bubbly, stirring constantly. Add the warm milk gradually, stirring constantly. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the sauce just to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the salt, Tabasco and pepper. Add the cream and mix well. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 12 ounces of the cheese and simmer until blended, stirring frequently. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and stir to coat. Spoon the pasta mixture into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with the remaining 4 ounces of cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Broil if desired for 2 to 3 minutes or just until the top is brown.