This Spicy White Bean and Avocado Dip is a nice diversion from guacamole. Additions of white beans and fresh mint leaves make it a rather unique appetizer dip.
Avocado lovers will love this Spicy White Bean and Avocado Dip recipe. The addition of white beans adds a bit of protein to the mix, and it makes this dip more satisfying and filling. Mint is a fresh flavor that is combined with fresh cilantro in this recipe.
The “spicy” in this recipe comes from a small amount of chopped jalapeno. It does not add an overwhelming amount of spice to the recipe, so don’t worry!
You can certainly serve this dip just like you would serve guacamole – with tortilla chips for dunking. But my favorite dunker for this Spicy White Bean and Avocado Dip is homemade Lavash Crackers.
If you’re looking for more appetizer recipes, you might also enjoy my Hot Brie Kisses or these Antipasto Skewers. Herbed Lima Bean Hummus, Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts, and Crunchy Taco Cups are great appetizer choices too.
Spicy White Bean and Avocado Dip
- 2 medium ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup drained, canned white cannellini beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the avocados, beans, garlic and jalapeño in a mixing bowl, and mash with a fork until chunky. Fold in the cilantro, mint, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips!
- WEIGHT WATCHERS FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS PER 1/4 CUP SERVING: 3