This Spinach Mushroom and Feta Pizza uses all fresh ingredients and no tomato sauce.
The crust on this healthier-style pizza uses a combination of whole wheat flour and all-purpose. It’s a simple crust recipe that I’ve used for all of my pizza recipes for many years now. But you can use any pizza dough you’d like, if you prefer. This is the kind of pizza I’m craving when I want pizza for dinner but I don’t want to overindulge.
- pizza dough
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic salt
- mozzarella cheese
- fresh spinach
- sliced mushrooms
- red onions
- pear or cherry tomatoes
- crumbled feta cheese
- fresh basil
How to make Spinach Mushroom and Feta Pizza:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Brush olive oil and garlic on the rolled out pizza dough. Sprinkle with a little garlic salt. Add a small handful of shredded mozzarella and fresh spinach. Top with additional veggies (flexible to what you want to use). Top with feta and mozzarella and fresh basil.
I use a pizza stone on which to bake my pizza. If you don’t have a stone, you can use a baking sheet instead. I sprinkle cornmeal onto a cutting board, place the dough on top of the cornmeal, add my pizza toppings and then slide the pizza onto the heated stone (or sheet) when ready to bake.
Bake until the crust is brown and the cheese is bubbly. Set the timer for 8 minutes, then check and add more time, if needed.
When done, remove the pizza from the oven by sliding the baked pizza onto a large cutting board. Cut with a pizza wheel, or carefully with a sharp knife.
My family thoroughly enjoys this Spinach Mushroom and Feta Pizza. My (now grown) son would gobble it up when he was little (spinach and all)!
Set aside the pepperoni pizza and all of those other traditional pizza recipes, and try this one for a change of pace. I think you’ll be glad you did. Enjoy!
Favorite Pizza Recipes:
- Barbecue Chicken and Bacon Pizza
- Sausage and Scrambled Egg Pizza
- White Pizza
- Garlic Chicken Dijon Pizza
- Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza
Spinach Mushroom and Feta Pizza
- 1 ball pizza dough
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced red onions
- ¾ cup halved cherry or pear tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Roll out the crust.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the baking stone on the bottom rack to preheat with the oven. If you don't have a baking stone, place a baking sheet on the bottom rack instead.
- On a separate baking sheet, sprinkle the cornmeal. Place the rolled out round of pizza dough on top of the cornmeal.
- Brush a thin layer of olive oil onto the crust. Brush minced garlic onto the crust too. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt. Sprinkle ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese as the first layer. Sprinkle fresh spinach on top of the cheese. Then add the mushrooms, onion and tomato. Top with the remaining mozzarella and feta cheese. Sprinkle basil on top.
- Slide the pizza onto the hot stone and bake until the crust is browned and the cheese is bubbly. Set the timer for 8 minutes, then check and add more time, if needed. When done, remove the pizza from the oven by sliding the baked pizza onto a large cutting board. Use a pizza cutter to cut into 6 slices.
- *Play with the veggies on this one... add or substitute your favorites.