I love this incredibly easy recipe for pan-cooked Asparagus with Garlic Mustard. They’re topped with buttery mushrooms and a simple Garlic Mustard Sauce.
Tender Asparagus Spears with Garlic Mustard
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a 10-inch skillet, place asparagus spears; add enough water to cover. Bring to a full boil. Cook over medium-heat until asparagus are crispy tender (3 to 5 min.) Drain; return to skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients, pushing asparagus to the side just until butter is melted. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (3 to 4 min.).
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, be sure to use a brand of mustard that is known to be GF.