Thai Curry Chicken is a quick, easy and healthy one-skillet meal.
If you’re looking for something new to make for dinner, this Thai Curry Chicken is one to consider. This dinner is a one-skillet meal- everything is cooked in just one skillet. It’s easy to make, and it has a lot of flavor. Chicken isn’t boring when you turn it into a Thai curry dish. Everyone appreciates a meal that has new, bold flavors! The sauce for this recipe is so delicious.
Whole in One Cookbook by Ellie Krieger
This recipe comes from Ellie Krieger’s latest book: Whole in One: Complete, Healthy Meals in a Single Pot, Sheet Pan or Skillet. I have every single one of Ellie’s healthy cookbooks, and I love them all. This is another good one to add to your healthy cookbook section on your cookbook shelf!
The book is full of easy to make, one-pan/pot, creative recipes. Chapters are separated into plant protein/eggs/dairy, seafood, poultry, meat and desserts. Bonus– there is nutritional information included for all of the recipes. There are many color photos in the book, but there is not a photo for every single recipe. This Thai Chicken Curry is one of the ones missing a photo, so I thought I’d make it so I could share the visual deliciousness with you!
Here are a few recipes that are stand-outs in the book for me: Zucchini Pancakes with Yogurt-Feta Sauce, Red Bean Tortilla Soup, Southwest Sweet Potato Bowl, Cauliflower Risotto with Shrimp and Peas, Maryland Crab Soup, Chicken Tinga Tacos, One Pot Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs, Sheet Pan Thanksgiving Dinner, Steak and Mushroom French Dip Sandwiches, Beef and Barley and Many Vegetable Soup, Honey Mustard Pork Chops, Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie and Chocolate- Chocolate Chip Sheet Cake.
How to make Thai Curry Chicken:
This is a one-pan recipe. Everything you cook in this recipe (besides cooking the rice– unless you buy cooked rice) can be done in one skillet. You’ll begin by salting the chicken and sautéing it in a hot skillet. You can just buy chicken breasts for this, and cut the breasts into thin strips or small chunks. The cooked chicken is then moved to a bowl.
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
- shallots, green beans and red bell pepper
- fresh spinach, lime and cilantro
- a can of light coconut milk
- chicken broth
- Thai red curry paste
- Thai fish sauce
- brown rice
The red curry paste and fish sauce should be really easy to find. Just look in your market’s international food aisle (specifically the Asian section). Continuing making this Thai Curry Chicken by cooking the shallots, green beans and red bell pepper in the pan until crisp tender. Then the veggies are moved to the bowl with the cooked chicken.
Thai Curry Sauce:
In this recipe, the sauce is made of chicken broth, coconut milk, red curry paste and fish sauce. These ingredients are simmered until the sauce reduces and thickens up a bit.
About the rice:
While the Thai Curry Chicken sauce is simmering, you can make the rice. This recipe calls for using brown rice, but you can use white rice if you’d like. If you’re looking for something quick, buy the boil-in-a-bag rice packets. Otherwise, follow the instructions on your rice package for making rice.
Continuing with the recipe, when the sauce has thickened a bit… you will add the chicken and veggies back to the pan. And then you’ll stir in some chopped spinach and fresh lime juice.
Serve your Thai Curry Chicken over rice, and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
Here are a few more Thai-themed dishes you might like to try:
- Thai Pumpkin Chicken Satay
- Pad Thai Shrimp
- Thai Pork Stir Fry
- Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- Spicy Thai Noodles
- Thai Chicken Tenders with Broiled Pineapple Slaw
- Healthy Thai Beef Tacos
- Thai Summer Salad
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Thai Curry Chicken
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil, divided
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallots
- 8 ounces thin green beans or haricot verts, trimmed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (see Recipe Notes below)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Season the chicken with salt. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan, then add the shallots, green beans and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. if the pan seems dry while cooking the vegetables, add a splash of the chicken broth. Transfer the vegetables to the bowl with the chicken.
- Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, curry paste and the fish sauce to the skillet and bring to a gentle boil, whisking until the curry paste is dissolved. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce is reduced to about 1¼ cups, about 6 minutes. If using pre-cooked packaged rice, follow the directions on the package for heating it up.
- Once the sauce is reduced, return the chicken and vegetables to the skillet and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and lime juice and cook until the spinach is just wilted, 30 seconds. Serve in bowls over the rice, garnished with the cilantro.
- For the cooked rice, you can certainly make your own cooked brown rice. But you can also buy frozen cooked rice or on-the-shelf cooked rice.
- This dish will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Where can I buy or order your cook book with your recipe’s please let me know and how much is it
Hi Raymond, my cookbook is available on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2X3LzAn There are some recipes from the website in the book, but mostly the book contains recipes that are not on the website.