This super simple White Bean and Roasted Chicken Salad has just 5 ingredients, and it’s tossed with a simple, fresh vinaigrette.
Make this salad at the beginning of the week so you can enjoy it for lunch all week long! This is one of those salads that actually gets better the longer you let it chill. So leftovers over the course of several days is perfect!
Ingredients needed for the salad:
- rotisserie chicken
- red onion
- fresh basil
- canned white beans
Ingredients needed for the vinaigrette:
- red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
How to make White Bean and Roasted Chicken Salad:
The complete, printable recipe with ingredients and instructions is included at the end of this post.
This recipe couldn’t be any easier to make. Just add all five salad ingredients to a bowl. Then whisk together the vinaigrette, pour it over the salad and toss.
This salad is much more delicious if you have the time to let it chill and marinate in your refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving. Plate individual servings of this white bean and roasted chicken salad. Enjoy!
How to change things up:
- Use roasted turkey in place of chicken.
- Add in chopped cucumber.
- Use fresh cilantro in place of fresh basil.
- Use chickpeas in place of white beans.
Here are a few more salad recipes you might like to try:
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Tomato, Cucumber and Basil Salad
- Herby Cauliflower Salad with Chickpeas
- Fruity Curry Chicken Salad
- Lemon Basil Three Bean Salad
White Bean and Roasted Chicken Salad
- 2 cups coarsely chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup sliced fresh basil
- Two 16-ounce cans cannellini beans (or other white beans), rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl; stir gently to combine.
ADD THE VINAIGRETTE:
- In a small bowl or jar, combine the vinegar and remaining vinaigrette ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over the salad, tossing gently to coat. Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours before serving.
- If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use chicken and Dijon mustard that are known to be GF.