This Roasted Chicken Salad is combined with a delicious, creamy lime dressing.
I love this chicken salad because of the pop of flavor from the added fruit in the salad. You can choose to use chopped pineapple, mango or kiwi (or you can use a combination of those). Chopped jicama adds a desirable crunch to the salad too. Using a purchased roasted chicken from your market makes this roasted chicken salad so easy to prepare too!
Ingredients needed for Roasted Chicken Salad:
- Roasted Chicken
- chopped fruit (mango, pineapple and/or kiwi)
- chopped jicama
- green onion
- Boston lettuce leaves for serving
Note: It’s suggested that you serve this salad in lettuce leaves, but you can certainly choose to serve it over mixed greens. Or if you’d like to tuck the salad inside of a pita or croissant, you can do that too!
Ingredients needed for Creamy Lime Dressing:
- mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
- lime zest and lime juice
- Jerk, Mediterranean or Greek seasoning
It’s a simple and flavorful dressing that pairs well with the chicken and fruit.
How to adapt Roasted Chicken Salad to be Weight Watchers friendly:
Use Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise! The roasted chicken is the only thing in the recipe that counts for points. If you choose to use your own baked or roasted chicken breast, then the point count can be reduced to zero for this recipe. If you use the roasted chicken, plan to count 3 points per serving for any color WW plan.
We’ve all been eating so much comfort food lately. So it’s time to add a healthy recipe or two into the mix. Try this roasted chicken salad, and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Here are a few more chicken salad recipes you might like to try:
- Chinese Grilled Chicken Salad
- Fruity Curry Chicken Salad
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
- Crunchy Chicken Salad Wraps
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Dill Pickle Chicken Salad
- Chicken Almond Salad Sandwiches
Roasted Chicken Salad with Creamy Lime Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (can sub nonfat Greek yogurt, if eating light)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Greek, Mediterranean or Jerk seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- One 2.25-pound purchased whole roasted chicken
- 4 cups chopped fruit (choose from pineapple, mango and/or kiwi)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped jicama
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Boston/Bibb lettuce leaves, for serving
PREPARE THE DRESSING:
- Put all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together. Cover and refrigerate.
PREPARE THE CHICKEN SALAD:
- Remove the skin from the roasted chicken; discard. Remove the meat from the bones; discard the bones. Coarsely chop the chicken (you should have about 3 cups). In a very large bowl combine the chicken, fruit, jicama, and green onion. Spoon about half the dressing over the chicken salad; toss to coat well.
- Line 6 individual serving plates with Bibb lettuce. Arrange some of the chicken mixture on each plate. Drizzle with some of the remaining dressing.
- Nutritional information was figured using mayonnaise.
- If you are counting WW points, use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
- If you are making this recipe gluten-free, just be sure to use roasted chicken and mayonnaise that are known to be GF.