Great, lighter salad option: Broccoli and Chicken Salad with Lemon Dressing
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes + cooling time
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Broccoli and Chicken Salad w/ Lemon Dressing
Light salad recipe with fabulous flavors...
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces skinless roasted chicken
- 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon thinly sliced garlic
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Steam potatoes and carrots until almost tender (steamer rack set over simmering water), about 9 minutes. Add broccoli florets to steamer rack; cover and steam until all vegetables are just tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer vegetables to large bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Mix hoisin and honey in a small bowl. Brush roasted chicken with honey- hoisin mixture.
- Add chicken and red onion to bowl of vegetables. Combine oil and garlic in small saucepan. Cook over low heat just until garlic begins to sizzle, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Whisk in lemon juice and thyme. Pour warm dressing over salad and toss to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: recipe divided into 4 servings) Calories 326, Fat 9.75g, Saturated Fat 1.69g, Sugar 6.29g, Fiber 3.33g, Protein 26g, Cholesterol 60mg, Carbohydrates 34.75g
- WW POINTS per serving: Smart Points 9, Points Plus 8, Old Points Program: 8