Brussels Sprouts lovers will dig this recipe: Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apple
Yield: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apple
- 3 slices turkey bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 pints brussels sprouts, ends trimmed & halved
- coarse salt & ground pepper
- 1 medium red apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices, each slice halved crosswise
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Arrange bacon in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until browned, 10 minutes. Add brussels sprouts in a single layer; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until they begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and toss in apple. Return to oven; roast until brussels sprouts are browned and tender and apple has softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss vegetables with vinegar, and serve immediately.
- This recipe is gluten-free adaptable. Be sure to use a brand of bacon that is known to be GF.
- Leave apple peels on for added color and nutrition.
- Use regular bacon if you wish (will add calories & fat).
- This recipe as written turns out brussels sprouts that are not super moist and tender (since they are roasted w/ no oil). You may wish to toss them in a little bit of oil or at least spray them with cooking spray before roasting if you'd like a different consistency. Add calories/fat, as needed.
- Nutritional Information per serving- (Serving size: recipe divided into 8 equal portions) Calories 49, Fat .46g, Saturated Fat .11g, Sugar 3.73g, Fiber 3.76g, Protein 3.15g, Cholesterol .78mg, Carbohydrates 10.35g
- WW POINTS per serving: Smart Points 0, Points Plus 1, Old Points Program 2
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Everyday Food)