Great marinade for fresh tuna: Lime- Chili Marinated Tuna Steaks
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Limi- Chili Marinated Tuna Steaks
- 4 tuna steaks (about 6 ounces each and 1-inch-thick)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons bottled chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Rinse tuna steaks and pat dry. Arrange tuna in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Mix lime juice, soy sauce, honey, chili sauce, and olive oil in a small bowl. Pour over tuna. Turn fish to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Remove tuna from marinade. Pour remaining marinade into a small saucepan and set aside. Cook tuna over hot coals 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Fish should be lightly browned on outside and pale pink on thickest part. Remove from heat.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil over medium-high heat. Mix cornstarch with 2 Tablespoons water until smooth. Add to marinade. Cook and stir until sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Spoon sauce over tuna steaks and serve immediately.
- Bottle chili sauce is found near the ketchup and sauces in your local market.
- Nutrition Facts- Amount Per Serving: Calories 252, Calories From Fat (14%) 36, Total Fat 3.90g, Saturated Fat 0.71g, Cholesterol 76.54mg, Sodium 477.69mg, Potassium 817.49mg, Carbohydrates 12.06g, Dietary Fiber 0.63g, Sugar 10.04g, Net Carbohydrates 11.43g, Protein 40.51g
- WW POINTS: Points Plus- 6 Old program- 5
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (recipe given to me)