This dish is gluten-free adaptable- please see tips below the recipe…
Teriyaki Tuna w/ Ginger Vegetables
This is a nice, light dinner. Be sure to grill the tuna just right, so it's tender and not dry.
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 25 min
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup sake
2 Tablespoons mirin
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded & thinly sliced
1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded & thinly sliced
1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed & halved on the diagonal
1 medium carrot, cut into matchstick-thin strips
1 pound tuna fillet, cut into 4 equal pieces
1. To make the sauce, bring the soy sauce, sake, mirin and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until the sauce is thickened and reduced by half (1/4 cup), about 5 minutes. Remove the sauce from the heat. Transfer half of the sauce to a bowl; cover and keep warm.
2. Spray broiler pan or grill rack with nonstick spray; preheat broiler or grill.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in the oil, then add ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, less than 1 minute. Add bell peppers, snow peas, and carrots; cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender-crisp, 4 -5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, broil or grill the tuna 5 inches from heat source, turning occasionally and brushing with half of the sauce, until golden brown and just slightly pink in the center, about 3 minutes on each side.
5. Divide the vegetable mixture among 4 plates. Top each serving with a piece of tuna and drizzle with the remaining sauce. Serve at once.
*If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just make sure you are using a brand of soy sauce that is designated as GF.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving size: 1/4 pound tuna + 1/2 cup vegetables
Calories per serving: 231
Fat per serving: 2.5g
Saturated Fat per serving: .4g
Sugar per serving: 6.1g
Fiber per serving: 2.13g
Protein per serving: 29.13g
Cholesterol per serving: 51mg
Carbohydrates per serving: 12.23g
WW POINTS per serving:
Points Plus Program: 4 Old Points Program: 4
Source: RecipeGirl.com (via Weight Watchers: Take Out Tonight)