Love this recipe for fresh tuna steaks: Sesame Balsamic Tuna
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes + marinating time
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Sesame Balsamic Tuna
- Two 6-ounce (1/2-inch) tuna steaks
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 whole green onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Rinse tuna steaks and pat dry. Arrange in a shallow dish. Combine balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup sesame oil, ginger, cilantro, green onions and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Pour over the tuna, turning to coat. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Drain, reserving the marinade.
- Preheat grill to high-heat for 10 minutes. Place tuna steaks on the grill rack. Grill 3 to 4 minutes per side or until the tuna flakes easily.
- Sauté the mushrooms in 2 Tablespoons sesame oil in a skillet until brown on both sides. Stir in reserved marinade. Cook until heated through.
- Arrange tuna steaks on a serving platter. Pour the mushroom sauce over the steaks.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (recipe given to me)