Here’s one to try for Sunday breakfast: Sweet Milk Waffles
Yield: About 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Sweet Milk Waffles
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add milk, oil and eggs and whisk together until smooth.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick spray. Pour batter into iron until it spreads within about 1-inch of the edges. Cover and bake until done (on my waffle iron, the light goes off when done).
- Lift cover, loosen waffle with a fork and serve immediately.
- These freeze well. Just place each waffle in a zip bag and throw in the freezer until ready to eat. Use the toaster to heat them up again.