Every year when summer rolls around, I’m obsessed with this delicious recipe: Fresh Corn with Prosciutto Basil Butter
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Fresh Corn with Prosciutto- Basil Butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, divided
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, minced
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 ears fresh corn, shucked
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in heavy small skillet over medium-heat. Add shallot and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and cool. Add remaining butter to shallot and stir until smooth. Mix in prosciutto and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook corn in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut corn off the cobs and transfer to a saucepan. Add the flavored butter and heat until melted and heated through.
- If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just make sure that the prosciutto you're using is free of gluten.
- Make ahead tip: Step one may be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Let stand 2 hours at room temperature before using.)
- Alternately you can try grilling the corn instead of boiling it. Soak the corn in water for about 20 minutes, then place it on a hot grill just until it gets a few char marks on all sides.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (adapted slightly from Bon Appetit)