This Prosciutto Apple Wedges appetizer is nice to serve in the fall when apples are at their best.
You’ll only need four ingredients for this easy-to-make appetizer recipe! Choose your apples. I suggest using either Red Delicious or Honeycrisp. I’m partial to Honeycrisp because they are so incredibly delicious! Then you’ll need lemon juice to brush on your apple wedges (this will help keep them from browning) and cream cheese for spreading onto the sides of the apple wedges.
Finally, you’ll need prosciutto. Prosciutto can be pricey, so I suggest you buy it at a place like Costco… where you can get it in bulk and it will be a bit cheaper. I like to cut the prosciutto slices into thirds so I can get more out of it. One third of a slice should be plenty big enough to wrap around the apple slice.
How to cut apples into perfect wedges:
Unfortunately, it is tough to cut apples into uniform wedges without an apple corer/cutter. I recommend this one on Amazon. It’s a pretty cheap gadget, and I think you’ll find that you will use it quite often when you want to snack on an apple. The apple cutter is sharp enough that you just need to press down on the apple and it will slice right through, giving you 8 apple wedges and leaving the core behind.
These Prosciutto Apple Wedges are a great appetizer to add to a party platter. People love to see something other than cheese/chips/dip at a party. They will be gobbled up quickly!
Here are a few more recipes featuring prosciutto that you might like to try:
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with Prosciutto
- Prosciutto- Wrapped Roughy
- Fingerling Potato and Prosciutto Salad
- Prosciutto- Wrapped Asparagus
- Cheese Crostini with Prosciutto
- Garlic Green Beans with Prosciutto
- Watermelon- Blue Cheese Prosciutto Bites
- Fresh Corn with Prosciutto Basil Butter
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Prosciutto Apple Wedges
- 4 medium apples (Red Delicious or Honeycrisp)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese (reduced fat is okay)
- 8 ounces prosciutto slices
- Slice each apple into 8 wedges. Brush each cut surface with lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- Spread cream cheese thinly on each cut side. It's a little slippery and messy to spread, but just get some on the slice and don't worry about it looking messy. Wrap a thin slice of prosciutto around each wedge. Serve immediately or refrigerate and wrap tightly, and remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving time.
- Try substituting smoked salmon for the prosciutto.
- If preparing this recipe as gluten free, just be sure to use a brand of prosciutto that is free of gluten.
- WW Points were calculated using reduced fat cream cheese.