This Tuscan White Bean Soup with Prosciutto soup recipe comes together really quickly, and it is absolutely delicious. Try serving it with a green salad and garlic toast.
Tuscan White Bean Soup with Prosciutto
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped prosciutto or ham (about 2 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- Two 19-ounce cans cannellini beans (or other white beans), undrained
- 2 whole bay leaves
- One 15.75-ounce can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sherry (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the prosciutto, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic; sauté for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the water, beans, bay leaves and broth, and bring soup to a boil. Partially cover, reduce heat, and simmer soup for 20 minutes.
- Add the parsley, sherry and black pepper; cook for 1 minute. Discard bay leaves.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use brands of prosciutto, chicken broth and beans that are known to be GF.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1 1/2 cups) Calories: 356, Fat: 7.8g, Saturated Fat: 1.3g, Sodium: 817mg, Fiber: 7.8g, Protein: 20.4g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Carbohydrates: 53.4g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 3, Points Plus Program: 9, Old Points Program: 7